• Português
  • English

Capela da Senhora das Candeias

Main Façade

 

Nossa Senhora das Candeias Chapel located at Largo Vasco Gama, was founded under the invocation of St. Bom Homem. Its construction began on 13 August, 1621 and was completed on December 6 of that same year.

On the front stand the crosses encrusted on the side wall of the sacristy. Inside it shows a small grandstand with the image of the "Virgin and Child" that was invoked in honour of Nossa Senhora das Candeias.

 

 

PortuguêsEnglish