• Português
  • English

Capela do Recolhimento de S. Tiago

Main Façade

 

 

St. Tiago Chapel, was administered by Franciscan Nuns in 1527, but in 1663  Santa Casa da Misericórdia (Holy House of Mercy) took charge of the chapel.

The entrance portico of the temple, which is lateral, has, on top, a niche with a granitic image of St.Tiago. In the main altar, golden with profuse decoration artfully carved in 1746, is the Patron Saint

The interior pleases for its quietness and freshness. In it the image of St. Rita de Cássia is venerated with great popular devotion.

 



 

PortuguêsEnglish